Currently we at ProTest Solutions have a great opportunity for an all-round Software Quality Assurance Engineer / Software Tester to join our fantastic team! If you are interested, please send an email with your motivation and your cv to email@example.com.
ProTest Solutions and Ključ Savjetovanje are sister companies based in Zagreb, Croatia. We provide professional testing services including training, test organization consulting, test implementation and all testing activities throughout the Software Development Life Cycle. ProTest Solutions is an ISTQB accredited training centre and Ključ Savjetovanje is an ISTQB Gold partner; with which we are unique in Croatia.
During the last 10 years, we have successfully tested complex software applications. Confidence in the stability and functionality of the applications was built and increased through this, but also defects were prevented, money was saved and the quality of the products in production increased. We are in the process of expanding our testing services and our training programs.
Currently, we are looking for a software tester with experience or someone with the technical backbone to step into the software testing profession to take part in:
– Assisting in expanding our training programs for software testers
– All software testing activities
– Automating parts of the manual testing
As CI/CD and DevOps is becoming today’s standard, Test Automation is very much in focus. Therefore, we are interested in both testers with coding skills or Software Developers who can apply their development knowledge in Test Automation. The location of our office is Zagreb, but working from home is also possible.
Your initial responsibilities will be to work closely together with the teams at Protest Solutions and Ključ Savjetovanje to gain and document the necessary software testing knowledge and assist in expanding our training programs for software testers.
After this you will become part of the testing team in Protest Solutions; in this role you will be responsible to, with the Product/Business Owners and the rest of the development team, take the requirements and ensure quality during the software development life cycle and in the releases to production. Besides manual testing, we have a very strong focus on automation of testing (automated checking) using automated testing tools.
The primary responsibilities within this position are:
– Consolidate the team’s knowledge into software testing training programs
– Using business knowledge (on which training will be given) to execute manual tests
– Write and execute tests based on business requirements and on existing regression testing scripts
– Work on expanding the test automation framework, execute automated tests, identify bugs and advise development on fixes
– Research and recommend new tools and approaches to best implement automated testing
– Dependable and key member of the test team
– Working with the trainer at Protest Solutions to expand the existing software tester training programs
– Ability to understand how requirements as presented by the Product Owners/ Business Analysts can be sufficiently tested to ensure high quality of functional/technical product enhancements
– Work closely with the rest of the development team(s) to deliver high quality software
– Participate in the release cycles to production and ensuring the quality of these releases
– Create and maintain automated tests
– Have an interest in new technologies and tools, willing to learn more
– Job knowledge
– Test quality and accuracy
– Ability to learn and grasp complex business logic
– Ability to work as part of an Agile team
– Relationships with other developers and Product Owners
– Problem solving
At ProTest Solutions we do not purely hire based on education, knowledge and experience. We do value these and do take them into account in our selection process, but often the true potential of a person is not as black and white as only what a person has done in the past. Therefore, we look for the correct attitude and a high degree of professionalism more than anything else. So don’t worry if you do not tick all the boxes, although the more ‘pluses’ you have the higher the probability to get an invitation for an interview.
Required Education & Experience
– University Degree in Computer Science is a big plus
– General competence in software design/development and IT in general
– General competence in software testing
– A certain extent of training experience
– Fluent in English / Good communication skills
– Good analysis and problem solving skills
– Ability to meet deadlines
– Work pro-actively in a small team with a can-do attitude
– Knowledge of testing
– ISTQB (or similar) certification is a plus
– A certain extent of training experience
– Good level of experience using test automation frameworks is a big plus
– Knowledge of backend REST API testing + tools for API testing (Postman, Insomnia, etc) is a big plus
– Knowledge of performance test automation execution and monitoring (JMeter, BlazeMeter, etc) is a big plus
– Good knowledge of working in Visual Studio Code is a plus
– Fast learning and general aptitude to knowing more about the business side of the software
What we offer
– Good salary (depending on experience)
– A friendly, productive, international atmosphere
– Opportunity to work from home
– Some short periods of travel might be required
– Temporary / permanent contract