Currently we at ProTest Solutions have a great opportunity for an all-round Software Quality Assurance Engineer / Software Tester to join our fantastic team! If you are interested, please send an email with your motivation and your cv to email@example.com.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Quality Assurance Engineer (m/f) to take part in all software testing activities in Zagreb, automating parts of the manual testing process and becoming part of the Quality Assurance team at ProTest Solutions d.o.o. As there is a large focus on Test Automation we are interested in both QA’s with proven development skills or Software Developers who can apply their development knowledge in Test Automation.
You will be a part of the team that will handle the overall software testing processes of our customers. This includes but is not limited to the creation, maintenance and application of test strategies, test plans and test automation. Your main responsibilities will be to work closely with the Product Owners, Business Owners and the rest of the development team to ensure the quality during the software development life cycle from reviewing documentation to test automation and monitoring.
Besides manual quality assurance, there is a very strong focus on automation of testing cycles using automated testing tools such as Selenium, Protractor and Ranorex.
The primary responsibilities within this position are:
– Creating, applying and executing test strategies, test plans and tests;
– Using business knowledge (on which training will be given) to create and execute manual tests;
– Write tests based on business requirements and use cases;
– Identify which tests are most suitable for test automation and create automated test scripts;
– Research and recommend new tools and approaches to best implement automated testing;
– Work on expanding the test automation framework, execute automated tests, identify bugs and advise development on fixes.
– Dependable member of the test team;
– Ability to understand how requirements presented by the Product Owners/ Business Analysts can be sufficiently tested to ensure high quality of functional/technical product enhancements;
– Work closely with the rest of the development team(s) to deliver high quality software;
– Maintain and update existing test plans and tests;
– Participate in the release cycles to production and ensure the quality of these releases;
– Create and maintain automated test scripts;
– Have an interest in new technologies and tools and be willing to constantly learn.
– Ability to work as part of a testing/development team;
– Relationships with other QAs/developers and Product Owners;
– Test quality and accuracy;
– Problem solving capability;
– Communication skills.
At ProTest Solutions we do not purely hire based on education, knowledge and experience. We do value these and do take them into account in our selection process, but often the true potential of a person is not as black and white as only what a person has done in the past. Therefore, we look for the correct attitude and a high degree of professionalism more than anything else. So don’t worry if you do not tick all the boxes, although the more ‘pluses’ you have the higher the probability to get an invitation for an interview.
Required Education & Experience
– University Degree in Computer Science is a big plus;
– ISTQB certificate is a big plus (any QA certificate is a plus);
– General competence in software design/development/testing and IT in general;
– Minimum Junior / Medior automation tester or software developer (1-2 years’ experience in test automation) is a big plus;
– Selenium webdriver hands-on experience is a big plus;
– Knowledge on testing web applications;
– Knowledge on databases is a plus;
– Knowledge on testing APIs (including tools such as Postman, Runscope, SOAPUI) is a plus;
– Knowledge on testing applications on mobile devices is a plus;
– Good level of experience using test automation tools is a plus;
– fluent in English / Good communication skills.
– Good analysis and problem-solving skills;
– Ability to meet deadlines;
– Attention to detail;
– Work pro-actively in a small team with a can-do attitude;
– Fast learning and general aptitude to knowing more about the business side of the software;
– Excellent communication skills.
What we offer
– Healthy and friendly work environment;
– Good salary;
– Shared parking space;
– Option to work from home;
– Ability to constantly improve your knowledge.