With our ISTQB accredited training material we offer in-house training or training on location for:
- Certified Tester – Foundation Level – 2018 Syllabus
Information on the course including prices and dates can be found here.
ISTQB® Certified Tester is the most widespread qualification scheme in the world, and the syllabi contents and glossary have become the de facto industry reference for the software testing profession.
Features of the scheme include:
- High quality syllabi: all syllabi are developed and reviewed by leading testing professionals from academia and industry.
- Global recognition: certifications are recognized globally because of the consistent application of ISTQB® policies and procedures by the member boards.
- Common language: the ISTQB® Glossary provides a common vocabulary for the profession.
- Objectivity: the assessment of tester capabilities is conducted independently by ISTQB® and provides objective verification of competencies.
- Adherence to a Code of Ethics: all ISTQB® certified testers adhere to the Code of Ethics defined by ISTQB®.
- Public Availability: ISTQB® glossary and syllabi is made freely available on the ISTQB® website and on the Member Board websites in local languages.
- Openness: ISTQB® materials are developed on a voluntary basis and are open to contributions from anybody interested in joining ISTQB® working groups.
- Independence: the non-profit nature of ISTQB® ensures that content is not constrained by particular methodologies or technologies, and is able to draw on best practices from a wide variety of sources.
- Continuous improvement: syllabi and other documents are continuously being improved to meet the needs of Business Organizations around the world and to keep pace with the development of the profession.
- Professional standing: being certified provides advantages for individuals and organizations by ensuring that testing professionals meet the high standards set by the ISTQB®.
The Foundation Level syllabus forms the basis of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB®) Certified Tester Scheme.
ISTQB® Foundation Level is relevant across software delivery practices including Waterfall, Agile, DevOps and Continuous Delivery.
The 2018 Foundation Level qualification is suitable for anyone who needs to demonstrate practical knowledge of the fundamental concepts of software testing including people in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers.
It is also appropriate for individuals who need a basic understanding of software testing including project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors and management consultants.
The new 2018 syllabus is recognised as a pre-requisite to other ISTQB® certifications where Foundation Level is required (note: all previous releases of Foundation Level, including the 2011 syllabus and “grandfathered” Foundation Level certifications, will remain valid).
Training for 2018 Certified Tester Foundation Level is available from Accredited Training Providers (classroom, virtual and e-learning). We highly recommend attending accredited training as an ISTQB® Member Board will have assessed the materials for relevance and consistency against the syllabus.
Self-study, using the syllabus and recommended reading material, is also an option when preparing for the Foundation Level exam.
The following picture summarizes the contents of the Foundation Level 2018 syllabus: